Friday 28 May 2010

Ann's Pasties, The Lizard, Cornwall


Ann is one of Rick Stein's food heroes and deservedly so.  Forget Ginsters forever.  These pasties are amazing.  Full of top notch ingredients and baked by Ann in the converted garage at the back of her house in a quiet residential area almost at the Southerly tip of the UK.  


She reckons her gift in life is to be able to correctly season a a pasty.  Well it takes all sorts....Here are the ladies making the pasties:

Phone ahead to reserve them - hungry hikers from the SW coastal path sometimes buy them up en masse.


We took ours to nearby Kynance Cove and perched on the cliff and had a perfect picnic.



Ann's Pasties
Sunny Corner
3 Beacon Terrace, The Lizard, Helston, Cornwall TR12 7PB
01326 290 889

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's the good looking chap eating the pasty....looks a bit like me...

Grazing Kate said...

I think I know who you might be, Mr Anonymous!

Janice said...

OMG Kynance Cove, that takes me back...er to the 1960s when we used to go our hols to Cornwall. I'm sure the pasties are bigger now lol! Great post.

Grazing Kate said...

Thanks, Janice for your comment - that one in the final picture is their 'large' pasty and it does look a bit enormous, I must say!

Donk said...

The best pasties in Cornwall and therefore the world!

Grazing Kate said...

How right you are, Donk.

Shaheen said...

My goodness that is a whopper of a pastry. Glad you took a photograph to put it into perspective.

Don Pearson said...

Excellent pasties, which, by the way, you can get at the coffee shop in Teignmouth.

I am also a fan of Dorset Cereals and Shute Fruit. I have some of their raspberry vinegar and Elderflower cordial but I must admit that I always scrutinise Lori's stall to get ideas for my jam-making.

Grazing Kate said...

Hi donpearson61 and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog - which coffee shop in Teignmouth sell the pasties? Do you mean Michaelmas Goose? I didn't think Ann's Pasties sold to anyone else, but if they do, I there!

Yes, I'm a great fan of Lori's raspberry vinegar and Elderflower Cordial - the Elderflower goes surprisingly well with vodka and sparkling water in the summer.

Featured post

Taste of the Teign Food and Drink Festival 25 September - 1 October 2017

South Devon’s third year of the most exciting celebrations of local produce is Taste of the Teign Food and Drink Festival.  This f...