Sunday 19 August 2012

They operated and removed a tumour.

Well, life's sort of changed really.

They did an emergency op and discovered a tumour, thinking it was a benign cyst.

This was only last week, I knew I had been feeling a bit off my food and a bit heady, putting it down to labyrinthitis.  Anyway, it seems that it seems they're doing the best for me and I'm having lots of care from wonderful people, but it seems to have thrown me off balance a bit.  Just when I thought I'd become a proper foodie.

Well, it's made me enjoy food again but just from a not cooking it perspective.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.  I thought about it all night and decided that although I didn't want to be all confessional, I needed to be honest. I'm having a MRI and spinal tomorrow so will know what radiotherapy I will need and I'll report back.

Lots of love.


10 comments:

Choclette said...

Oh Kate, that is shocking news indeed. It must be a very upsetting time for all of you. I'm sure you're being well looked after, but do try and take the best care of yourself that you can too. Sending lots of positive wishes your way.

Phil in the Kitchen said...

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Try to stay strong and positive and remember that there are plenty of us out there somewhere thinking of you and wishing you best.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this Kate sending positive vibes your way, hope you get better real soon! xx

Wally B said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

cafegirl said...

I am so sorry to hear this news Kate. Thinking of you...from all of us at twentysix

Anonymous said...

Gosh Kate - I thought that the gap after your last posting might be due to a holiday and was anticipating reading of some foodie adventures, certainly not an 'adventure' like this one!
I'm really sorry to hear about what's happening but thank you for sharing it as you have. As has already been said, there are plenty of us out here thinking of and rooting for you. And from one who has been on a similar unasked-for journey some time ago, remember that there's no script for how one is supposed to feel or be. Stay strong but pleaase be gentle with yourself too.
Do let us know how you are when you feel able.

Grazing Kate said...

Thanks for your messages of support. Really good and well received. Seems I have to have repeat op on mon to have remnants of brain tumour removed. Megiablasty or something. Surgeon seems positive. Followed by 6 weeks of radiotherapy. Not right that life turned out like this, but it had to happen to someone! I'm feeling as positive as poss. Not quite tuned into it yet, but getting there. Will post more when I'm recovering. Trying my hardest to be positive. First day in my pjs till now, I think I deserve it!

Northern Snippet said...

Like Wally sending positive thoughts.Take care . X

Northern Snippet said...

Thinking of you x

Vanessa said...

Dear Kate, I had missed you on twitter so had a look today and found your blog.
I'm so sorry that this is happening. Am sending you lots of positive vibes and thoughts and the strength to just do what feels right for you.
Should you feel up to it in 2 months time, that space in the car for Alt-J in Bristol will remain yours.

Featured post

Taste of the Teign Food and Drink Festival 25 September - 1 October 2017

South Devon’s third year of the most exciting celebrations of local produce is Taste of the Teign Food and Drink Festival.  This f...